Thursday, January 28, 2016

"...How many wonders can one CAVERN hold"


Tuesday, January 26, we left Brantley Lake State Park at 6:42 a.m. We went to Carlsbad Caverns. When we got there we got four tickets to the King's Palace Tour. Grammy didn't want to go in the caverns. We start heading down, my brother starts limping, and so we slow down.


We finally get to the meeting place for the tour, and Jack and Pop decide not to go.  So they went to the restaurant/rest area/shop, and then they were going to head back up. Mom and I wait for the tour, and while we wait I do my junior park ranger packet. The King's Palace was so cool! It was gorgeous!!


The above was the King's chamber, then we moved on to the Queen's Chamber.


The Queen's Chamber also has drapes, and the drapes are so thin that light can shine through! We didn't think the light was strong enough to shine through solid rock! The flashlight is the square on the right of the below photo.


Then our tour guide takes us to another part of the chamber, and he turns off the lights. It is pitch black dark! To tell you the truth it helped to close your eyes. LOL!!! We also saw a rock that was pure calcite. It looked like ice cream, snow cream.


Meanwhile Jack and Pop did the entire Big Room Self-guided Tour. When we viewed the Big Room we took a short cut! We saw a lot of cool rocks that looked like things! Some examples: 

Lion's Tail

And a Bashful Elephant!

Before we headed up I was super duper hungry, so we went to the so-called restaurant which was pretty much a fridge with like seven sandwiches and a few other things.  So I picked a sandwich, and I usually don't eat sandwiches ever! But I was so hungry, and it was maybe the yummiest sandwich ever! Except for the fact something was crunchy, and I don't know if it was the bread or the cheese! 

So we start heading up, and I start singing songs in my head that have to do with getting up to the top. My first one is "Bet on it!" from  High School Musical 2.  It goes  "I'm not going to stop; not going to stop till I reach the top." We go farther, and I think of another one from Lion King, but instead of "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" I'm thinking oh I just can't wait to be out.  Another one from the Lion King was "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", but I was thinking I can't feel my legs right now. Then we see the light at the end of the tunnel, and through my head floats Tangled's "And at last I see the light." 


We get closer and I start singing "I'm almost there. I'm almost there. People down here can slow you down, but I almost there" from Princess and the Frog. 


Then, we made it.  We got out!


"We are the champions my friends." 


It was a blast, but Mom and I both decided we wouldn't do it again without a good reason. When we were climbing up it was so steep. It was EEEK!! On the bright side (Haha pun intended), our fit bit scores were awesome, 14,746 steps and 100 flights of stairs! So all in all it was so awesomely coolness! It was a great day! Now I wonder how many wonders can a bunch of caverns hold if one holds that many!


2 comments:

  1. You walked where God sculpted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blogging, Eva! Our family is checking daily, so keep it up! You are making us laugh & we really enjoy the pics! I especially liked the lion tails from the caverns! So cool. Have a great time! Kim Mabe

    ReplyDelete